Review by Shweta Kesari
I was always glued to fictional / non-fictional stories of love, romance, suspense and thrill. I never tried my hand at a Business/Strategy book nor did I wish to. When I got this book to review, I was wondering how could I review it, as it seemed difficult to even read. But I had to do it.
When I started reading this book, I was soon engrossed in it completely. I kept on flipping pages, time kept on ticking and I didn’t have the slightest idea of time and I completed it in a single sit.
Chanakya’s Seven Secrets of Leadership – Swami, Amatya, Janpada, Durg, Kosha, Dand, Mitra. There are Some salient features of each of this seven secrets of Chanakya’s; means secrets within secrets. This book dealt with real and inspirational stories of people who remained unknown to many. I was astonished to see how intensively one could write such a mind throbbing thing. Old stories have been taken from history to set examples. The language was easy to understand and far more to shoot your mind. Most of the examples were set on a great leader D. Sivanandhan.
As mentioned above it was the first time I was reading such a book, so reviewing this book like any other wouldn’t be fair enough. I’m just telling what changes and challenges it brought in my life.
– Be ready to accept the changes.
– Plan for the best and worst scenarios
– Always consider yourself a leader
– Make people feel happy and secure in your leadership
– To do leadership its not necessary to have the tag of a ‘Leader’. One is a leader in one’s own aspect.
– Accept your faults and be true to yourself.
– Think and put it on action.
– Stick to your goal.
– Sharing success and failure stories with others so that they can learn
– Listen to other’s stories so that you can learn.
– Leadership is making the impossible possible
– Keep on learning.
– One should be open minded and ready to learn from everyone.
– It is foolish to take everyone’s advice. This book is not only for the people who are in management and corporate world, but for everyone who is keen to live life and wish to attain success in every aspect of life. A book that would balance your mind and enliven your thoughts.
My favourite quotes from the book:
– “Common sense is not so common.” “Leadership is not by rank or designation; it is by attitude and competence.”
You can buy it from: