Title : Indian Innovators
Author: Akshat Agrawal
About the Author : Akshat Agrawal holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering from IIT-Delhi and an MBA from the US. During his IIT days, he was engaged in the design and fabrication of n artificial knee joint for above-the-knee amputees. Akshat is currently a Director at Alpha Beta Classes, an innovative startup in online and offline education that aims to improve access to quality education for millions in India.
Blurb of the Book : 20 Zealous Indians
20 Path-Breaking Innovations
One Common Vision!
Indian Innovators traces the journey of 20 dynamic individuals, who have created cutting-edge products with global mass appeal. Each innovator comes from diverse backgrounds – from those who hold a PhD to those who have had no formal education! Despite this difference, what unites them is their passion for innovation, the grit with which they have fought adversities and their vision for a better world.
Each story celebrates the triumphant spirit of these determined individuals in a society that places little incentive on innovation. These innovators have resolved to break the status quo in the Indian innovation landscape!
Review: ‘Indian Innovators: 20 Brilliant thinkers who are changing India‘,covers the story of such legends in this era of technology where human can change impossible to possible gifting bewitching devices and products to the people giving wings to their innovative thoughts. This book tells the story of these twenty Indians who are no less than legends in this tech-enthusiast world :
1.Anirudh Sharma – Haptic Shoe for the Visually Impaired
2. Hemanth Satyanarayana – Augmented Reality-based Virtual Trial Rooms
3. Mrinmayee Bhushan – Nanotechnology Based Herbal Hair Removal Crème
4. Shyam Vasudev Rao – Preventive Eye Care Device
5. Mansukhbhai Prajapati – MittiCool Refrigerator
6. Nelvin Joseph – Artificial Intelligence-based Power Saver
7. Nitin Joshi – Non-intravenous Chemotherapy
8. Prateek Bumb and Aniruddha Sharma – CO2 Removal Technology
9. Priyanka Sharma – Ultra Low-Cost Immuno-sensor Biochip for Detecting Environmental Pollutants
10. Sachidanand Swami – Interactive Touch Surfaces
11. Sriram Kannan – Location Tracking without GPS
12. Abhijeet Joshi – Implantable Biosensor for Diabetes Monitoring
13. Ganesh and Pragyanandesh – VORWIS
14. KK Plastic Waste Management – Road Construction using Plastic Waste
15. Team Papyrus Efficiencia – Environment-Friendly Paper
16. Science for Society – CareMother Testing Kit and Digital Platform for Providing Pregnancy Care
17. Chinmay Deodhar – Dual-Purpose Laparoscopic Surgery Instrument
18. Arunachalam Muruganantham – Low-Cost Sanitary Pad Making Machine
19. Innoz – Offline Internet on Mobile Phones
20. IdeaForge – Netra UAV
All the stories are encouraging and inviting in its own manner and author has very precisely told the story as how hurdles come in the protagonist’s life,they stumble and despite of that they remain stick to their goal and gave birth to those fruits no one has tasted before.Each of the story holds the very essence to touch your heart and teach you and inspire you to the core to push yourself more harder to come in the counting of these minds.
Of-course, who doesn’t want to be like them and of course each of us crave for the innovations which make some of us to think aside and bring what nobody in the world cannot till date.Very few of us know about such minds, specially, I haven’t heard of anyone of them before,but this book helped me to know about such minds and their products and their beautiful and inspiring story.
At the end of each story, you would find a mantra for you which will help you to think about your capabilities and promotes you to give it a new life.A well-planned, well-researched and well-written book which I would like to recommend to everyone if you are into business reading.
Indian Innovators is a source of inspiration for those who wishes to contribute something unique and wishes to perform out of the box task ,and even if the fire inside you is waiting to ignite, the stories narrated in this book will ignite that fire atleast to some extent.
Reviewer: Shweta Kesari